Since 2014 the city of Bolzano introduced the tourism tax. This is a municipal tax which must be paid by all those who stay in hotels in Bolzano.
The revenue is allocated to measures in favour of tourism and promotion of the city through the support of accommodations and of maintenance operations, usage and recovery of culture and environmental heritage.
The terms and conditions related to this tax are:
- The city tax for a 4 star hotel is Euro 1,30 per person per night.
- It is due for the entire stay
- It is not included in the room-rate and must be paid at the check-out.
The tax is not applicable to the following:
- Childrens under 14 years of age
- Public school courses attendees
- Hospitality employees